It is vital to keep your availability updated. Updated listings show in the first results of our search page and receive more booking requests during the year. In fact, our most engaged landlords have, on average, a 30% higher profitability.
To make it easier for you to update your availability calendar, our platform assumes your listing is always available. There are two ways of updating the availability on your listings:
1. Defining a specific date
The fastest way to update your availability is on the "Listings" tab on your Personal Dashboard. To do so, you simply need to:
- Log in to your Personal Dashboard;
- Go to the "Listings" tab on the top bar;
- Find the listing you want to update and click on "Update availability";
- Choose the date from which your place will be available;
- Click on "Update".
If you want to add unavailable periods, ie. specific dates you know your place will be unavailable, you can do so by clicking on "Advanced options" (read more about this below).
2. Adding unavailable periods
Another way to update the availability on a certain listing is to add the periods where your place is not available. This is valid, for example, when you know you're going to rent your place to tourists during July and August.
There are two ways to add unavailable dates. The first and fastest option is to click on the "Advanced Options" button shown on the image above. The second way to do it is by:
- Logging in to your Personal Dashboard;
- Going to the "Listings" tab in the top bar;
- Finding the listing you want to update and click on "Edit";
- Once you are in the "edit mode", clicking on "Availability and Rent" on the bottom of your screen;
- Clicking on "Add Unavailable Dates" and select the start date, end date and reason;
- Clicking on "Save changes".
You can add as much unavailable periods as you wish.
Note: Please note that when you rent your place on Uniplaces, your availability calendar is updated automatically, meaning that every time you confirm a booking, the period you just booked will show up as unavailable.
Important tip: Every time a listing's availability is updated, that listing will rise to the top of the search results on our website. The more visible your listing is, the higher your chances are of receiving booking requests!