If you receive an email saying there was a transactional error with your payment, it means your bank didn't authorise it. This could happen for three main reasons, such as:
1. Your card has insufficient funds;
2. Your card has been declined;
3. Your card is not supported.
Here's what you can do to recover your payment:
- Please double check if you have enough balance on your account
- Make sure your card is authorised for online payments
- Verify if you have a set limit for online payments
- Call your bank and ask them to approve the Uniplaces payment
- Make sure your credit card is not expired
Alternatively you can:
1. Use a new credit card or a different payment method;
2. If you have a Portuguese bank account, create an MBNet account and try this payment method;
3. Speak to your bank to understand the reason behind the payment failure.
We recommend you to solve this problem as soon as possible if you really want to book a place. There are a lot of students sending booking requests, especially before the start of the academic semesters. While your booking will be immediately confirmed as soon as your payment is validated, the landlord is still free to accept other booking requests sent by other students.
You should have also received a notification email in regards to the payment failure with suggestions on how to recover your payment.
If you are still experiencing issues after you have tried all of the above steps, please contact us here.