Being on our platform allows you to reach thousands of tenants from all over the world. Here a few quick tricks to show up on the top of our search results, get more visibility and guarantee more bookings.
1. Keep your calendar updated. Every time you update your availability, your listing goes up on our search results. Landlords who update their availabilities frequently are proved to get more views and, consequently, more booking requests. If you rent your place somewhere else, don’t forget to update your availability on your Uniplaces dashboard. This way, you can still book your place at another time and in advance. and avoid receiving booking requests for an unavailable period. Read more about how to update your calendar.
2. Your response time is key. The speed at which you reply to your booking requests is very important so that tenants know if your place is available. Replying promptly to your booking requests gives your listings more visibility, allowing you to increase your chances of confirming a booking. If you wait too long, your booking requests expire after 48 hours and the position of your listing will go down on our search results. Our best landlords have a 90% response rate or more.
3. Avoid a lot of restrictions. Our platform is visited by students and young professionals from all over the world. Be as open as possible to every kind of tenant: international or local, students or young professionals, male or female. The fewer restrictions you have, the higher the chances are of someone booking your place.
4. Get verified. Students have more trust more if they feel there is a person behind the listing they book. Get your phone number, email and ID card verified and become 100% trustworthy. Discover how to get verified here.
5. Avoid cancellations. While canceling a booking doesn’t have any financial repercussion for you, every time you do so, your listing goes down in our search results. If you are forced to cancel, make sure to inform us as soon as you can so we can try to find an alternative place for the tenant.
6. Set a fair rent price. A fair rent price fits in with the current housing demand and is within the average value for a place in your location. It is both competitive to you and fair to your future tenants. Check your Personal Dashboard for our own suggestion of a competitive rent price — we compare your listing with countless others that have the same features in terms of location, space, and conditions. Discover here how to update your price.
7. Include bills in your rent. One of the main filters used by students on Uniplaces is “Bills included”. Even if you have an amazing place, it won't show up on their filtered search results because your rent doesn't include bills. By offering bills included in your rent price, your listing has a better chance of appearing in a higher number of search results. You can also choose which bills to include in the price of the rent and/or to set a cap.
8. Have awesome pictures. An image is worth a thousand words. Potential tenants will always likely favour a modest house with gorgeous photos over an incredible place with very poor quality pictures. Providing high-quality photos of your place is the best way to catch their attention and to make your place stands out in the search results. Check some of our photo tips here.
9. Offer amenities. Do you offer services such as cleaning? Vacuum and iron? Maybe even a gaming room or a Netflix account? Make sure to mention it in your description. It will make your listing stand out!
10. Lower your minimum stay. Uniplaces is primarily directed to students and young professionals who usually book medium to long-term stays. However, the lower the minimum stay, the higher the chances are of your listing appearing in the search results. If a potential tenant is searching for an accommodation for 59 days and your minimum stay is 60 days, your listing will be excluded from the search results. Try to keep the minimum stay at 27 days or as low as you can to start appearing in more search results.
11. Lower your deposit. Even if you have a great place, a high security deposit and admin fee can discourage tenants to book it. Try to keep it reasonable: the majority of our landlords on the platform keep a one-month deposit and no admin fee. Trust your tenants!
12. Ask for reviews. After their stay is over, politely ask your tenant for a review. A 5-star review creates trust and can ultimately get your more bookings. Read our tips on how to become a 5-star landlord.